DS-2CD2432F-IW integrated PIR + NVR not working

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Camera: DS-2CD2432F-IW
Firmware: 5.2.5 build 141201 (Original firmware in back label: 5.2.8 build 141231)

NVR: DS-7608N-E2/8P
Firmware: 3.3.2 build 150522

Anyone with luck getting this camera's internal PIR to work with Hikvision NVR? None of the different firmwares I've used with my DS-7608N-E2/8P NVR seems to be able to trigger the NVR to record or activate the Event settings for higher FPS/Bitrate. I know the PIR is working, because I'm able to configure/trigger it directly in the camera's web interface and hear the audible alarm. Also, I was able to get the camera in BlueIris to record clips whenever it detects motion using the following guide (link). With the latest firmware I have installed (3.3.2) it doesn't even shows as an option, so I'm wondering if it is not possible at all, or if it is due to a configuration issue and/or firmware for the camera and/or NVR. Thanks again for any help.

Attachments

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check under vca settings on the nvr

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Check under vca settings on the nvr

When I select VCA settings in the NVR I get a pop up window with No VCA device available message. I wonder if upgrading the camera's firmware might fix the issue (that is if I can even upgrade; need to look it up).

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
What is VCA? I have 3.3.4 on my NVR with 2432 and I get the same message.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I saw it in the manual. 9.16 PIR Alarm
Purpose:
A PIR (Passive Infrared) alarm is triggered when an intruder moves within the detector's field of view. The heat
energy dissipated by a person, or any other warm blooded creature such as dogs, cats, etc., can be detected.
Steps:
1. Enter the VCA settings interface.
Menu> Camera> VCA
2. Select the camera to configure the VCA.
You can click the checkbox of Save VCA Picture to save the captured pictures of VCA detection.
3. Select the VCA detection type to PIR Alarm.
4. Click to configure the trigger channel, arming schedule and linkage action for the PIR alarm.
5. Click the Rule Settings button to set the rules. Please refer to the Chapter 9.1 Face Detection for
instructions.
6. Click Apply to activate the settings.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh man, you are a genius! :D The problem was that the web gui doesn't have the options available, but if I configure it directly from the NVR menus, then I was able to select the PIR under the VCA settings. Thanks!!! One less problem to worry about.

Lesson learned - Web and local menus are not always the same. Check both first if problems configuring.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish Hikvision would include all the local options/features into the webGUI and elsewhere ie iVMS-4500.

One of the things I'd really like is having events show ontop of continuous recording in the webGUI/iVMS-4500.

Theres probably more options that aren't available on the webGUI that is available locally.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish Hikvision would include all the local options/features into the webGUI and elsewhere ie iVMS-4500.

One of the things I'd really like is having events show ontop of continuous recording in the webGUI/iVMS-4500.

Theres probably more options that aren't available on the webGUI that is available locally.
I think this will never happen. There're always a missing features when accessing either local menu, web or iVMS4200. In Hikvision's logic there're features on the local menu not needed to be available remotely (like local output resolution, or local live view camera configuration). But in fact I'm pretty sure each software (local menu, web plugin and iVMS4200) is developed by different R&D team, where communication between is not so good. Lets say... Hikvision's style :).

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the only way to enable is through a Hikvision NVR? I have a Flir which is actually a rebranded Dahua but I don't see VCA listed anywhere?

Last edited by a moderator: