DS-2CD2432F-IW Network Problem

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time here but it looks like this might be the place that I can find some help. I recently had DS-2CD2434F's installed. They are OEM versions of this camera through LTS. I have a switch going to a POE injector (http://www.amazon.com/WS-POE-8-48v60w-Passive-Ethernet-Injector-Cameras/dp/B0086SQDMM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1460996561&sr=8-4&keywords=poe+injector) which then goes to a patch panel with the corresponding ports for the cameras.

The cameras are all on. The amber light is blinking indicating they are connected to the network. Heres the problem: nothing I have tried has been able to connect these cameras to any software to view them. I scan the QR code in the Hikvision App, it says 'this camera is offline', I attempt to connect it to my LAN and after a moment it says the camera is unreachable. I have tried the IPCAMFINDER website, iSpy software, NVMS7000 along with Hikvision connect.

The installer suggested that I plug the power cord into the camera and then plug the switch directly to the patch panel port, cutting out the poe injector. The power cord is too short for me to do this so I am buying an extension cord today. What doesnt make sense to me is that the cameras appear on, the IR lights come on in the dark, the blue power light is on, and the amber light is blinking. I feel like i am just missing something with my router...if the cameras are powered and connected to the network, the POE injector has to be providing sufficient power...at least I would assume so.

Does anyone have any advice?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I was able to find the cameras through SADP, but I don't understand how to move forward. Checking with my router settings, I can use 192.168.1.2 through 254, however when I try to change the IP Address of any camera, I get a 'device rejected' error.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
please post a screen shot of your sadp screen with the cams listed and one selected.

you may need to enter the cam's password to make changes in sadp.
default Hik password will be 12345 or 123456789abc, unless changed by LTS.
if LTS changed them, they should have provided you with the new passwords.

Newer Hik's come without a password, but you must set one first thing.

Reaction score
I was able to get everything going with your help. The password was the issue tripping me up at the last stage. Thank you very much, i really appreciate the help