DS-2CD2432F-IW PIR Alarm remote enable / disable (or over local wifi)

Brenning

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been researching into this and can't find a huge amount of info. I have a DS-2CD2432F-IW which I use to record all the time but send alerts to my phone via the hik-connect app if the PIR alarm is activated (which works really well I might add). This camera is in my room which I'm in and out of at no set times during the day, and obviously I don't want a ton of alarms when it's me in my room.

I'm looking for a simple way to enable / disable the PIR alarm when I'm not in the room. At the moment I'm logging into the web client for the camera over the local wifi with my iphone but this process is tedious having to keep logging in and clicking through the menus. Is there another, more straight forward way?

The camera is set up on Hik-connect, however I do not have access to the broadband router here and UPNP is not enabled on the router, hence when I click remote config on the hik-connect app it won't connect to the camera due to DDNS not being set up (which requires UPNP enabling on the router to my understanding, or at least access to the router which I don't have.

Any of you guys got any suggestions?

Brenning

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried just turning on/off the push notifications in Hik-connect app?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply but that wouldn't help as the app would still register the notifications in the messages area, hence I'd have to sift through loads of them every day to ensure no-one entered the room when I wasn't there.

Is there really no simple way to do this? Very surprised if so