DS-2CD2432F-IW Playback questions

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW and put an Micro SD card in it recently.
Two issues: 1. It records all the time and does mark movement triggers with red lines. Great! No matter how I try settings, I cannot get it to record ONLY detected Motion. It this possible?
2. The Playback is slow... it seems to creep by frame by frame. This would be good if I was trying to see something specific in the movement trigger, but it makes finding what one is looking for very tedious. The 2x and 4x speed playback don't seem to help at all. Is there a way to view faster playback. I am using OS X Firefox or Safari with browser plugin, but even when trying iVMS 4200 software, I cannot get acceptable playback speeds. Any gotchas or fixes?
Thanks in advance, L

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW and put an Micro SD card in it recently.
Two issues: 1. It records all the time and does mark movement triggers with red lines. Great! No matter how I try settings, I cannot get it to record ONLY detected Motion. It this possible?
This may help

2. The Playback is slow... it seems to creep by frame by frame. This would be good if I was trying to see something specific in the movement trigger, but it makes finding what one is looking for very tedious. The 2x and 4x speed playback don't seem to help at all. Is there a way to view faster playback. I am using OS X Firefox or Safari with browser plugin, but even when trying iVMS 4200 software, I cannot get acceptable playback speeds. Any gotchas or fixes?
Thanks in advance, L
Is your network, computer or camera not coping with the volume of information.

I find the camera play back can be slow if its trying to record video at the same time as viewing video.

Attachments

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed feedback.

"I find the camera play back can be slow if it's trying to record video at the same time as viewing video." - this is likely the case as it's recording all the time.
Do you disable recording when you want to view Playback? If so, what's the easiest way to temporarily disable it?

Thanks again !!!

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just disable motion detection when playing back video.

Goto:

Configuration - Advanced Configuration - Events - Motion Detection

Untick the box marked " Enable Motion Detection"

Remember to re tick the box once your done.