DS-2CD2432F-IW Randomly Crashes With Power and Link Lights Solid

c4onastick

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been racking my brain with this issue in numerous configurations and can't seem to get it to go away. Was curious if any of you had run into this and what the ultimate solution was (called Hikvision tech support and they couldn't help).

I've got a 2432 (legit, US version from B&H), it works fine for a random amount of time (30 mins to 8-10hrs) and then crashes with the power light solid blue and the link light solid green. By crashes, I mean that I can't get into the web interface, can't see a RTSP stream... nothing. I've tried different cables, recrimped a few of my own, plus a fixed length manufactured one (all Cat6), and two different POE sources (an injector and a switch) with the same result. I even isolated it behind its own router/firewall and configured iptables so it can't get out to the internet and repeated the experiment—still no dice. I'm about ready to give up on Hikvision, although it saddens me because I really love the picture and features of this camera.

Anyone seen anything like this before? Any thoughts on anything else I might try? Or any other brands of cameras that people like that have similar features to the Hikvision that you might recommend?

Misc info based on my hours of frantic googling: I'm on the latest firmware; this particular network is mac heavy, but most (if not all) have ipv6 disabled; tried both static and DHCP for the cameras; reset framerate down to 20 and iFrames to 20 too—all no help.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got one that does the same, even a firmware change has not fix this issue, now have it on a 12v power supply, it still does it but not so often.

c4onastick

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm... So do you have to kinda play Russian Roulette with these when you buy them and just hope to get a good one? I'm pretty (un)lucky then—I've got two in a row! (I bought a bootlegged Chinese version off Amazon prior to this one that had the same problem.)