DS-2CD2432F-IW V5.3.0 build 150513 + Linux

davidm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I just bought a DS-2CD2432F-IW which identifies with the following firmware:

Code:
[TABLE="class: deviceinfotable"]
[TR]
[TD="class: rowheader deviceinfotd"]Firmware Version[/TD]
[TD="class: deviceinfotd"]V5.3.0  build 150513[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: rowheader deviceinfotd"]Encoding Version[/TD]
[TD="class: deviceinfotd"]V5.0  build 150327[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
It mostly works okay for me. I am using it with zoneminder to monitor for motion and to view the live stream and that is working great. I can also save most settings. The problem however is with some settings such as day/night and specifying 50hz vs 60hz. When I try to change these settings either from the basic configuration or the advanced configuration I see no "save" button and it is not auto-saved. If I click away and come back any time I change these settings it reverts to the default.

I have read around and see a few people who also had this problem. Usually it was related to their browser or operating system and often it is speculated that it has something to do with Hikvision's webcomponents plugin missing. I am using Gentoo Linux (Desktop) and Arch Linux (laptop) and unfortunately I don;t see a way to install that plugin (side note: I tried pipelight but it seems that solution no longer works as the config interface complains that I need a newer version)

It would be great to be able to change these settings and perhaps later be able to use other features I cannot use currently. Does anyone know of a workaround? Is there maybe a firmware upgrade? Unfortunately no one in the household runs Windows. Only Linux. I do also have an android phone but from what I understand that will not allow me to change the settings either -- only to view the feed using the hikvision app.

Please help!

davidm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello thanks for the reply. That is totally new to me and I researching now to see if it is possible. I'll see what I can figure out.

I also see that it allows one to load an existing configuration from a file using the web interface so I was thinking it might also perhaps be possible to do something with that. I guess the easiest thing though would be to get windows. :/

davidm

n3wb
Reaction score
Just for anyone else seeing this in search I since created a virtualbox guest install of Windows and everything worked fine with saving the configuration settings so the issue was almost definitely the lack of the webcomponents plugin in Linux.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could also try their demo application using their SDK - I think that compiles on linux also though I've never bothered.