DS-2CD2442FWD-IW losing network connection after a while

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a camera in one of the locations and recently like about 6-7 days ago it began losing network connection. So, i would call in the office and would ask to reboot it by unplug/plug AC adapter. It works off of POE injector. It boots up and works and after an hour or less may be like 10 minutes is gone from the network. The blue light is on as the people who work there say so. It has static IP, POE injector is plugged into power strip and strip into UPS. I didn't notice any problems with any equipment there except the camera. I have 35 cameras of the same model all streaming to BI. This is the camera that gives me problems except 1 more that is keep going on/off but in that location I think POE switch is going bad.
Could a power strip be a problem?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
if it were losing power, the blue light would not be on...

make sure the static IP being used by the cam is not also in the dhcp range assigned by the router.
perhaps you're getting ip address conflicts. packet capture when cam is not accessible may show if another device is using same IP...

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if it were losing power, the blue light would not be on...

make sure the static IP being used by the cam is not also in the dhcp range assigned by the router.
perhaps you're getting ip address conflicts. packet capture when cam is not accessible may show if another device is using same IP...
It is not, there are only 16 devices on the network in that office and IP cam has static outside of DHCP. I checked the logs and nothing there concerning that particular IP.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
when BI loses connectivity to the cam, are you able to ping or browse to the cam's IP directly?
and can you ping other devices on the cam's local network from the BI server?