ds-2CD2452f-iw wifi has gone slow

Windie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys. Have this camera connected wireless to a 7608ni-i2 nvr, on motion trigger only.

Upgraded the firmware 2 days ago to v5.5.53_180730. Was working fine until today. Rolled back nvr to v4.1.50, had updated this also to v4.1.67.

So it behaves like it has poor signal strength with slow processing. Accessing the camera directly via IP address is slow, accessing any menu is slow, live view is slow. Thus because of this slowness, it wont show a live picture on the nvr, it shows it for a split second then blank (like its too slow to keep up). It shows a good signal strength 95-100, 150mbps connection. It may show on ivms-4200 app, but again at times its too slow to connect properly.

Works fine on POE lan. I have Reset it, downgraded the firmware to 2 previous versions, reset the router, same issue. When I reset everything, it does work for little bit, but then slows down again.

Any suggestions? thanks

edit: only have 1 more camera connected via POE. There is no load on the wifi network.

Last edited:

Windie

n3wb
Reaction score
ok I think I figured it out, after digging into lots of threads. Too much interference on 2.4ghz band. Managed to set it up to a better channel, much better.

But I think I should try and lan it up, as now it does not seem that reliable over wifi. Was working fine before. The only recent change I can think of is a fridge is right under it now.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard of (running) microwaves causing this kind if 2.4ghz wifi trouble, but never a fridge. One possibility could be that some of the signal is reflected in such a way that communication to or from the camera interferes with itself.

Windie

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess that could be an explanation. This camera was not originally bought for this location. Weekend project now to wire it up.