DS-2CD2642FWD-IZS (-Z motorized) model

_saiko

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking at getting the 2642FWD model, a motorized version if possible. Is it worth it to insist on the motor?

According to the hikvision site there should be one.
But there are almost no sellers for the Z model, any idea where to reliably get one?
Found one from China Security Wholesale, it's 300$ tho..

Thanks!

Reaction score
Looking at getting the 2642FWD model, a motorized version if possible. Is it worth it to insist on the motor?

According to the hikvision site there should be one.
But there are almost no sellers for the Z model, any idea where to reliably get one?
Found one from China Security Wholesale, it's 300$ tho..

Thanks!
The motor makes it MUCH easier to set and to modify from time to time.
www.avspply.com was the only authorized dealer I was able to get it from. It costs $339.
I'm happy with the purchase and glad I bought through them.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Z models are fantastic. Unmotorized IP cams with zoom and focus seem almost prehistoric. I'd pay probably a minimum $50 premium over manual zoom and focus and possibly more depending on location, assuming everything else was the same.

Reaction score
:Update: The -Z motorized lens stopped working. It zoomed all the way out of focus and now when I click the focus buttons I can hear the gears trying to change the lens but it doesn't so its not a firmware update. The hardware has failed. Fortunately I purchased it from an authorized dealer and will be able to send it back for replacement. I'll keep you up to date.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Unmotorized IP cams with zoom and focus seem almost prehistoric.
And what does it make fixed cams? Lets be realistic, this cam is absolutely too much money for what you get with double the price over fixed cam. You can buy two Mini 4x PTZs and get the same lens coverage as well PT function. Or 2 fixed lens Hikvision

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
It makes fixed cams (hopefully) cheap specialized tools. Pick a job and they'll do it. Change the job or location or expect too much? You won't be satisfied.

I'm not a fan of making a PTZ with movement following technology cover too much ground and try to have it replace a bunch of fixed cameras. A very cheap, reliable PTZ with good night vision though? Those things will sell like Girl Guide cookies outside a marijuana dispensary.