DS-2CD2642FWD vs DS-2CD4A85F-IZH

havjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm deciding between these two cameras. I recognize the 4K one is far more expensive, but I'm willing to spend the money if it will solve these problems better:

1. Need to see faces very clearly in both the day and night from as close as 20 feet to as far as 60 feet.
2. Same requirement as #1 above, but for license plates when cars pull-up to my driveway. The driveway spans the length of 20-60 feet distance from where I will mount the camera.

I am not sure I need a PTZ camera since I will not be manning it. I am planning instead to have Blue Iris detect motion and make clip alerts for me, that I can review after the fact. I was thinking of setting the zoom and focus fixed and only changing it from time to time. I do not want to have to do this manually, and this is why I am looking for motorized zoom/focus.

The camera will be mounted above 15 feet high on a wall, looking down at a downward sloping driveway.

Both cameras are 2.8-12mm motorized zoom capability. However, the more expensive one is 4k vs 4mp. My reasoning for considering the 4k one, even though more pricey, is that I will get day images that are far clearer with it than with the 4mp.

Do you guys agree? Any experience with either of these two Hikvision models and/or 4k vs 4mp would be appreciated.Thank you!