DS-2CD2732F-I(S) Wall Mount?

ilmrfd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just wondering if these can be outdoor wall mounted? The issue being, we've got an installation that will be pointing toward a gate that is roughly 30-45 degrees off from the building it's being mounted on. So the camera would be wall mounted, and then I'm going to have to adjust the field of view to cover the gate. I'm just worried that the picture is going to be askew when it gets to the NVR.

Thanks

EDIT: Also, there's no eaves large enough to mount directly to the eave, so it would be have to be a wall mount setup. I'm also worried about rain, snow obscuring the camera with wall mounting it. It will be under a 'small' eave, so sheltered some from direct rain / snow, but blowing rain/snow might affect it.

Last edited by a moderator:

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have several installed at gates, surface mounted on wall and it works great. In the case where I have them on a stone wall with no pre-installed j-box, we use the extension plate from Hikvision to hold the pigtail. This is a full 3-axis dome, you can make it askew as you like. When you wall mount, if you use a standard single gang j-box, the camera backing plate screws directly to it which to me is clever as many don't.

Can't tell you about how it does in snow, not common near me on the extreme left coast, but domes get dirty regardless and even water drops can reflect back at night and make a less than pretty picture, just a nature of IR domes. Also, I would imagine the heat generated by the camera would melt off snow before it accumulates.

If you need some, PM my daughter sells them for decent price with a U.S. warranty.