DS-2CD2732F-IS brick recovery

amb5l

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

Just another fool here who upgraded the f/w on (what I now realise is a) grey market import camera. It was running 5.2.5 but behaved like an english camera. I used the batch upgrader to flash it with 5.3.0 from the Hikvision Europe portal. (I can never use the web UI on any of my devices, no matter what the browser... clicking browse to locate digicap.dav never works, never brings up a dialog... another story).

So my camera was bricked and disappeared from the list on SADPtool. I ran the auto tftp recovery process using the english digicap.dav. The camera recovered partially, it now has a chinese web UI.

I gather my next step is to extract and modify flash (mtdblock) contents, but that seems to involve navigating a chinese web UI...?

Should I give up?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Should I give up?
Not if you're willing to do some reading and climb a bit of a learning curve.
I gather my next step is to extract and modify flash (mtdblock) contents,
Yes, the 'enhanced mtd hack'. Not so hard.
Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup.
But also check (in case the camera originally had 5.2.8 firmware) the contents of mtdblock1, locations 0x0C and 0x8000C If they are 0 - change them to 2.
but that seems to involve navigating a chinese web UI.
You could do it in English by using the Batch Configuration Tool : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.