DS-2CD2732F-IS - bricked?

tastle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought a couple of Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS cameras. The firmware was V5.2.5 build 141201.

I got them all set up, everything was going great. Then I decided to update the firmware before installing them. I grabbed the latest firmware from the Hikvision site (IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513) and uploaded it to one of the cameras. Now it's not responsive. I see it has "light" but it doesn't have an IP address available anymore. I'm wondering if I bricked it. I contacted the seller (bought direct from China on Ebay, high rep.) for some assistance.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix my situation?

Tim

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS cameras. The firmware was V5.2.5 build 141201.

I got them all set up, everything was going great. Then I decided to update the firmware before installing them. I grabbed the latest firmware from the Hikvision site (IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513) and uploaded it to one of the cameras. Now it's not responsive. I see it has "light" but it doesn't have an IP address available anymore. I'm wondering if I bricked it. I contacted the seller (bought direct from China on Ebay, high rep.) for some assistance.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix my situation?

Tim
Welcome to the forum..there are several threads stickied in the hikvision section of this forum that deal with this issue. You should be able to recover it. As you probably are now aware, you cannot easily upgrade the firmware on these China region cameras.

tastle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply and thanks for the greeting. I'll take a look there and see how I make out.