DS-2CD2732F-IS "mounting base" and "drill template"

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I'm going to make my own template out of wood or plexi - and - drill out the holes in the metal base plates for the wire to pass through.

Did Hikvision ever use or test that template and install that ring?

I had some reservations when I looked at it upon receiving the unit. Thought it was odd there were no holes for the wires. Risk of pinching the wire. How to push slack in ... as there's no excess space in that ring ... wouldn't be an issue if that ring was the thickness of the cat wire connector.

In practice. Oh what fun!

Because:
Three of the holes they ask you to drill don't need to be drilled. They're to receive the camera.

There's no depiction of the 6 mounting holes you actually use.

The ring/plate pretty much completely obscures the holes for the misc wire and cat bundle.

Making it so you need four arms at the top of a ladder, guess and pre-drill the real mounting holes overhead ( dealing with some hardwood, can't imagine masonry or stucco right now), then when you try to put it on ... do not drop the camera, hold on to the ring, feed the wire, grab screws ... screwdriver.

I thought the sticker template was neat, but it doesn't have the right information; and the bracket seems like for another camera with wires through the center.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The mounting ring is thin, attaches easy to a j-box if you have that. I never used the templates myself, just hold the plate up an mark the holes. If you need room for wires, they sell an extension piece that's about 3" deep and we use them and looks good but makes the camera look much larger.

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have a copy machine copy the bottom side of the camera and use that at your template

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're having issues with mounting the camera. I kept my sticker as I'll be needing it to remount the camera again after the renovation/extension. I sat the base of my 2732 on a photocopy of the sticker and made sure it lined up before I used the copy to make and drill out the required holes. Worked fine for both 2732s I own both mounted under the eave at the front of my house.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, to get back late.

No extra mechanical interventions needed. I was tired, it was hot, dark, mosquitoes were out and I needed 4 hands. The next morning I woke up fully intending to cut a piece out of that circle, but was thinking how much easier it would be if there were just a hole in the center. Ignore the template. COMPLETELY!
I held up the big round base, scooted it over a bit from where the sticker was so the holes were in the open circle area of the bracket. Popped in three screws. Tighten down. Tug on the ethernet cable. Connect. Move cables up. Screw it in etc.

Hikv really made it a lot harder than it should be with that sticker.

All you need is a hole in the center / center-ish big enough for both cables. Not two holes precisely drilled etc. according to the sticker. Note the three outer holes pre-drilled. As network camera critic said. You can just hold it up there. Screw it down ... maybe with one camera base screw post in the direction of where you might aim the camera ... or not since it is fully adjustable rotate pan tilt zoom. Anyway screw the base up there. You can even drill the hole afterwards if you're dealing with wood. Easy peasy. Just make sure you don't hit a soffit rafter or screws/nails.

Only use the sticker for size reference!

Lesson learned. Sometimes RTFM makes it only more difficult!!! ;)

Good thing this was my single story trial run :)