DS-2CD3120F-I not displaying video. Is it dead?

Thomas B

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was originally trying to t/s this as a problem with settings but it looks like it is actually a hardware issue. As you can see in the screenshots I can access the camera on the network but I don't get a video feed, just a black screen with a green artifact-like rectangle in the center. I tried a full reset through the software, removing power for a while, and eventually doing a hard reset with he camera's reset button. The reset worked and reset the ip ect, but the video fed has not changed. Hikvision will not t/s the camera with me because its a Chinese market cam and I bought it from an unauthorized party (newegg). Is there anything else I can try before replacing it?

Attachments

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Check the flat cable that goes from the sensor to the circuitry.

I wouldn't be able to have a name for that cable in english... but it probably just got unplugged while you installed/moved/reoriented the camera, so the circuitry is just not receiving data from the sensor.

Thomas B

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I wouldn't be able to have a name for that cable in english... but it probably just got unplugged while you installed/moved/reoriented the camera, so the circuitry is just not receiving data from the sensor.
Thanks for the reply. The camera has been mounted in the same place for months but I will check that out, anything is possible.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Ribbon cable? :p

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ribbon cable? :p
Yeah, that's it :D
I have seen the black video with the green artifact on the middle when the ribbon cable was not correctly inserted.

Of course the sensor might also have just died... which would not be such an easy fix then.