DS-2CD3132-IWS motion detection reording 24x7 and not allowing schedule edit

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so I have the camera hooked up and working but it is only recording 24-7. I even moved the sensitivity down to 40 then 20, doesn't matter day or night. This camera is on a porch with 2 stone walls and the view is a pretty small area that doesn't have anything moving in it. I set the trigger area to be the center of the porch or middle of the screen. I have rebooted several times. I also cannot edit the schedule the whole thing is blue colored. I tried to change the time increments but it will not. Any advice? Ive seen other threads on this for other camera models but haven't seen anything that helps. My HD is filling up fast with this camera recording all the time continuously. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you log into camera itself and enable motion detection? Also where did you purchase camera from?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There's a lot to consider here--probably best if you have Fenderman or someone else Teamview-in to your computer to check your setup.

Last edited:

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
I logged into the camera though my IE browser and enabled it. I got the camera from a surveillance video company online that's been in business for over 20 years. Its a legit hikvision camera in the legit sealed box with US/English firmware etc. It wasn't a cheap knock off or anything. I paid 165 dollars for it not the 60-80 for a knock off. I didn't do anything for alarms just motion detection enabling.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My HD is filling up fast with this camera recording all the time continuously.
Do you want to change the schedule, or the type of recording?

On the Arming Schedule, when you click the Edit button, do you get the pop-up window 'Edit Schedule Time' with 8 times slots for each day of the week, where the start and finish can be set?
If not - maybe check your pop-up blocker.
Do you have more than one browser to try - that also has webcomponents installed?

The Record Schedule, under Storage if it's the camera itself that's doing the recording, is the one that shows different colours to show the different modes of recording.

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
Webcomponents is installed, I see the time slots but edits don't save. I only want to record motion. It's frustrating that it's recording 24-7 to the dvr. I don't know what I'm missing here??? I do want to record motion 24-7 just not record to the dvr 24-7 unless there is actual motion. For the last 2 days since I have had the camera t's been recording solid with no gaps no matter the sensitivity.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's frustrating that it's recording 24-7 to the dvr
Oh - you didn't mention DVR before, and I just assumed you were recording to a NetHDD destination. Should have asked.
I only want to record motion.
In which case what do you have set for recording schedule and type for the camera in your DVR. Or NVR. What model?