DS-2CD3132F-IW debrick, need help

ipcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have a DS-2CD3132F-IW and the cam is dead after i tried to update.
I have tried the TFTP thing, but "System update completed" never comes.
I´ve downloaded the firmware from the chinese Hikvision Website, but it doesn´t work.
Perhabs (i hope so) you can help me.

tftp fail.jpg

Foto 11.08.16, 22 45 52.jpg

thx everyone

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Congratulations...you are the 1,000th member to post a "help I bricked my Hikvision camera" topic.

Did you use forum search to look for an answer first? Did you read the stickys at the top of the Hikvision forum?

Unless you are prepared to spend a great deal of your time correcting your error I would suggest that you throw the camera out and consider it a lesson in leaving well enough alone. That camera is worth $80.00. How much is your time worth?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There should be a $25.00 charge to post "Help I Bricked My HIK" topics, and it should be paid to Mike to help him defray the expense of running this forum. $25.00 to post the topic...positive resolution not guaranteed.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
After the file transmit, and you wait a few minutes for it to finish writing the flash, and you power cycle the camera, how does it show on SADP?
In particular the firmware version showing, and the serial number?

ipcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
I wait 5, 10 and 15 minutes. Nothing.

SDAP shows me the Cam with ip (192.168.1.64) Mac-Adress, Serial Number and Fw. But when i try to connect in "ivms" it says "invalid password". So "12345" doesn´t work. Even the Password Reset Tool doesn´t work.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
4.0.8 is the 'min-system' recovery mode which is used when incompatible firmware has been loaded.
It's a basic system, pretty well just the kernel, with limited services - no web services for example.
It's a matter of finding the correct firmware for the camera.
The '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' (1-line version) has a high success rate.
You may need to change the language flag of the firmware header with Hiktools (see the sticky).

ipcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much. That works for me. Changed the Lang. to "1" and then it work.