DS-2CD3345-I 4MP Turret Missing NTSC (60htz) in Firmware

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know that this issue has been mentioned (in passing) in several other posts (in other topics), but I wanted to get as many comments as possible on this specific topic so I've created a topic which is meant to focus on this specific issue.

My new Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I 4MP Turret is missing the "PAL (50hz) or NTSC (60hz)" setting which was previously located in Image > Video Adjustment (as shown in the screenshots below). This setting to select either "PAL (50hz) or NTSC (60hz)" is present in all of my older DS-2CD2332-I 3MP Turrets...but not in my new DS-2CD3345-I 4MP Turret.

As has been suggested (in previous posts, in other topics), this is probably because the DS-2CD3345-I 4MP Turret is built for the Chinese market and (because China operates under the PAL 50hz standard) the PAL 50hz standard is the only video standard which the DS-2CD3345-I 4MP Turret runs.

I have no complaints; the camera appears to function fine as is. I run all of my cameras at 10FPS max...so I'm not certain that the lack of a NTSC 60hz setting really matters because I can't afford the overhead to run 30FPS.

So please tell me what you think: is the lack of the NTSC 60hz standard setting in the DS-2CD3345-I 4MP Turret a non-issue or am I missing something?

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like a non-issue to me. I don't run any of my cameras at 20 FPS or above :) As far as I know the only effect that setting would have is to limit the FPS to 25 or 30 depending on the 50 or 60 hz selection anyway.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinion bro...In my case I don't believe I can afford the overhead as I am trying to keep my i7-3770 usage under 50%...so I'm running my 22 cameras (2MP, 3MP and 4MP) at 4fps. I also record all motion in an active facility 24x7.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinion bro...In my case I don't believe I can afford the overhead as I am trying to keep my i7-3770 usage under 50%...so I'm running my 22 cameras (2MP, 3MP and 4MP) at 4fps. I also record all motion in an active facility 24x7.
I agree that it is pretty much a non issue in your case, though I could see issues if it was looking directly at lighting you might still see some banding, mine do in testing when they look at fluorescent lights for example even on a low FPS setting.

Also, sounds as if you are a business user, some more expensive software packages might be better if you really expand your cameras and need more FPS. I can connect 30 3mp cameras running at 8-20 fps depending on my shot need and the i3 CPU will use less than 5%. Expensive for home users but could be worth it as systems grow for business users. Just something to keep in mind as you grow your system.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that it is pretty much a non issue in your case, though I could see issues if it was looking directly at lighting you might still see some banding, mine do in testing when they look at fluorescent lights for example even on a low FPS setting.
I wondered about this. Maybe it also tweaks the list of exposure times the camera will use.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just noticed another setting which is missing from my AliExpress Chinese Region Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I: The "Gain" setting. This setting used to be located in Configuration > Image > Exposure Settings...but it's gone and I can't locate it anywhere else within the camera's UI. Does anyone have an idea of where, oh where has my gain setting gone? And why?

Last edited by a moderator:

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the 3MP version DS-2CD2335-I and it has the Gain setting. It is missing the Video Standard setting as seems to be the case with all XXX5 Chinese versions. Strange it's missing in 4MP turret. Anyone know if the option is in the 4MP XXX2 english version? Also the Lux rating on the Chinese 4MP and the English 4MP is not the same so it's not the same camera hardware wise.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the 3MP version DS-2CD2335-I and it has the Gain setting. It is missing the Video Standard setting as seems to be the case with all XXX5 Chinese versions. Strange it's missing in 4MP turret. Anyone know if the option is in the 4MP XXX2 english version? Also the Lux rating on the Chinese 4MP and the English 4MP is not the same so it's not the same camera hardware wise.
Mine is...

Firmware Version: V5.3.3 build 150514
Encoding Version:
V7.1 build 150613

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Opps. Sorry for the confusion. I misstated the camera model without the gain setting. The correct model (without the Gain setting) is the Chinese Region DS-2CD3345-I 4MP Turret...