ds-2cd3345-i setting up motion detection issues.

Alex Tait

n3wb
Reaction score
I have attempted to setup motion detection on my hikvision ds-2cd3345-i.

As you can see from my screen shot I have enabled motion detection and specified a zone.

I have also enabled 24 hour activation over the whole week... But even though I can manually record video... motion detection does not record any new video.

I have not set up any HDD... perhaps I need to do this first? I did try to do this .. but had trouble connecting to my windows share.

Thanks

7b9c95d2ffda4183b364d909507cb6f8.png

5826fe0e34474a1d88ccf11783943087.png

Last edited by a moderator:

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How is your whole setup ?
Any NVR ? or do you just have one single camera just connected to the network all alone? =)

Where do you want it to save the video ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Tait

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a single camera with no NVR. Was hoping to record to a windows 10 share.

Thanks

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if you got a computer running it seems like a much better idea to run Hikvisions IVMS , or a program called BI (Blue Iris, I would guess it is a bit overkill for only one camera, but there are plenty of people here who adore BI and will try to convert you into that religion =D .

Anyway my advice would be to just install IVMS to start with on your PC and record it from there.
(You can record it to just an HDD drive like you say, but it seems pretty pointless, and having a program record it for you , then you will also get a pretty interface to view and handle your recorded files since you want to use motion recording as well. )

- - - Updated - - -

here is a link where you can find it The first one there.
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/01 Video Management Software/00 iVMS4200/

Alex Tait

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow... that is great help... Thanks very much!

So best not to do the recording on the ip camera itself... thanks!

:)

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well you did not mention that . and well if it got a SD card or whatever inside the camera .. hmm I never used this and I really never heard anyone else mentioned it as a good idea .

Alex Tait

n3wb
Reaction score
The software route is not something I even knew was possible and sounds much simpler.

I will try that software you mentioned first... thanks very much.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
and if this is your first camera . After a while when you have tried out IVMs you will see that it works ok actually once it is set up properly . ... but probably a bit later on you will realize that a standalone NVR or BI is a way better option at least =D .. but do that later :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have also enabled 24 hour activation over the whole week... But even though I can manually record video... motion detection does not record any new video.
What you're missing in your screenshots is the enabling, and the type, of the recording required under the Storage menu.

And that's assuming that you have successfully connected to, and formatted, the Windows NFS share.
It's unusual to set up an NFS share in Windows - what software did you use?

Alex Tait

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed that software and have managed to setup motion detection... I now get an alarm warning when something moves into the designated zone.

But I am still only able to record video using the manual record button... When the alarm is triggered it does not capture video.

Thanks

c8d004cd55284dbe9a0b3cc867989913.png

3e84f011562b49e589304d70f63e57fb.png

Alex Tait

n3wb
Reaction score
I am hopefully going to avoid the need for NFS by using the software to record my video to my PC... so avoiding the need to save to NFS from the camera itself.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am hopefully going to avoid the need for NFS by using the software to record my video to my PC... so avoiding the need to save to NFS from the camera itself.
OK - but for future reference here is the screen I mentioned earlier, for Alarm or Motion:
ipc_storage_1.jpg