DS-2CD3T10 bricked: no network access

tmcata

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I got a Chinese Hik camera (DS-2CD3T10) which I wrongly installed: I found water in the ETH connector when checking why isn't working anymore; the cable connector was damaged, but the camera one is looking perfect.
The camera was powered thru a splitter because the switch isn't POE capable.
Now, the camera power-on (i see the IR LED) but isn't establishing the network connection: I see repetitive trials from laptop but w/o success.
Because the network isn't established the SADP isn't able to read the camera.

Does anyone had similar issue? Is here a possible solution? Initially, I was thinking to a power short-circuit but the power supply is fully functional and as I mentioned the camera seems to power on. I don't know how the ETH connector with POE is working and here are my doubts that something happened inside camera (an internal short-circuit).

Thanks

PS: I was intending to ask for help to change the language for this camera, as seems not be supported by the tools on this site; finally, let's see if i can recover it.

tmcata

n3wb
Reaction score
JUST SOLVED!!!

Using TFTP and connecting the laptop and camera to a switch. Indeed, with the camera connected directly to laptop I couldn't perform the upgrade.

Now, I can start working on language change. The current firmware is 5.4.0.