DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P recognition errors

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi wise people. I have set up my ANPR and have had it running a few days now. It's confusing 0 with 8, K with X and W with v. Could this be a range issue or a font issue? I am running the latest firmware 5.4.7 build 180629 running on NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P. I have attached an example below.

Attachments

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
How fast are the cars going? We tested the DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS8/P earlier in the year (see unlocked report Hikvision LPR Camera Tested) and found that errors increased significantly with speed. Not sure if that is the case here, though.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
Speed may be a factor then, at least it was on our tests (though we did it with US plates, results may differ from NZ ones). Have you asked Hikvision tech support?

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure if I'd get support from them as I bought the camera from Ali express. I am running Australia region firmware so it's not a Chinese camera

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also at night the frame rate drops from highest to 20 fps is that normal?
I found the issue with the frame rate. I had the camera set to full frame in the NVR thinking that was max frame rate, but obviously it's not. Every time I set the camera to 50fps at the camera through the web interface it defaulted back to the NVR setting. I changed the NVR setting to 50fps and it's keeping that setting now.
So what actually is full frame rate? Can't find much info on it.

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They actually customised a firmware for me to let me store 5000 blacklist plates. It's a new Zealand version. V5.4.7 build 181026
It works pretty well