DS-2DC2202-DE3/W - night is really dark

sweup

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have DS-2DC2202-DE3/W that works really great except for night. I have day/night switch set to auto but it seams to be not much difference. I tried to manually change the image settings but due to no save button I can't play around with the settings (tried 3 different browsers). I also havent fund any IR setting (no settings for this under "System/service").

What could be wrong?

Firmware V5.3.8 build 150707 (Chinese spoofed as English, Aliexpress)

Screenshot_20160817-212823.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I have DS-2DC2202-DE3/W that works really great except for night. I have day/night switch set to auto but it seams to be not much difference. I tried to manually change the image settings but due to no save button I can't play around with the settings (tried 3 different browsers). I also havent fund any IR setting (no settings for this under "System/service").

What could be wrong?

Firmware V5.3.8 build 150707 (Chinese spoofed as English, Aliexpress)

View attachment 12579
That model has no IR....you need to use external IR or leave a light on..

sweup

n3wb
Reaction score
who buy a camera without night ir (i'm guessing me..arghhhhh..)? But why sell a camera without possibility to use during night?

Can you hint where to look for external IR or a decedent PTZ dome camera with IR?

Thx for reply, appreciate it

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is a small version. Maybe tests enough but. You prob want some bigger model actually but I can not really see what you are pointing the camera at

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

sweup

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Just so I understand, the external IR is hooked up to power and is constantly shooting IR and there is no connection between the IR unit and the camera?

I think the link got away

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oops yes I forgot the link first. Yea in a simple setup the ir will run its own life and switch on and off with its light sensor. But it should be OK.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And no. It's only shoots ir during low light conditions

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
who buy a camera without night ir (i'm guessing me..arghhhhh..)? But why sell a camera without possibility to use during night?

Can you hint where to look for external IR or a decedent PTZ dome camera with IR?

Thx for reply, appreciate it
Lots of people do..its pretty common...You will get a better image and color by leaving a single led bulb on at night..why mess with IR..

sweup

n3wb
Reaction score
@badmannen Thanks for all feedback! @fenderman yeah, maybe so. The hunt for the perfect camera is just a hassle,to really be aware that the camera furfill all your personal preferences. I have a Vstarcam domecamera for 30 bucks that got IR. Only issue is uglyness. So I really thought that the Hikvison for 130 had this feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@badmannen Thanks for all feedback! @fenderman yeah, maybe so. The hunt for the perfect camera is just a hassle,to really be aware that the camera furfill all your personal preferences. I have a Vstarcam domecamera for 30 bucks that got IR. Only issue is uglyness. So I really thought that the Hikvison for 130 had this feature.
There are $10,000 dollar cameras that dont have IR. You can never have built in IR with a dome design on a PTZ where the dome covers the lens...The vstarcam is junk...
You need to read the specs on the cameras you buy...its that simple.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that any good? I tried this one and it was bad. Not much light and very 'spot-like". The build-in IR-LEDs from my Hikvision dome are much better.
I just pointed him in the direction he asked for . I got a bigger model but have not had the chance to try it out yet