DS-2DC7520IW-A Firmware

LiquidRC

n3wb
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying one of these off Taobao, hxxps://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=545292017906 - a DS-2DC7520IW-A - can someone point me at where I can find the current firmware for it, and if there is a EN/ML equivalent firmware that I can apply to it, presumably using the HIKTOOL editor?

Cheers.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
if there is a EN/ML equivalent firmware that I can apply to it, presumably using the HIKTOOL editor?
That's not usually how Hikvision design these products.
Although I'm not familiar with that specific model, generally the language, some features, and options are likely to be held in a protected and secured 'hardware signature' chip.
All hiktools will do for language is to change the language setting in the header of some firmware, not the language of the firmware itself.

Unless it is specifically advertised as 'English, upgradeable' :
If the device comes with English menus - then it's likely to be running seller-installed customised 'hacked to English' firmware, which if overwritten with stock Hikvision firmware will cause the device to revert to its true origin, with Chinese menus.

LiquidRC

n3wb
Reaction score
It hasn't come with English menus, it's all in Chinese, as I expected it would be, and I can use Batch Configuration to configure it in English, but the web frontend is all Chinese, and I was hoping to be able to mod it to display in English, the firmware it shipped with for reference, is 5.5.12 build 171214

That said, does anyone know where I can find the latest firmware for this device, the website at www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs_1533_i14815.html doesn't show any firmware, I presume it requires a login, which I can't create because it wants a China phone number.

Last edited: