DS-2DE4220-AE won't start while plugged into router?

gsxr1181

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just purchased a DS-2DE4220-AE which is my first Hikvision camera. So far I've been pretty happy. But for what ever reason, when I have my ethernet plugged into the router and power up the camera, it seems to go through a sequence where it switches from day and night mode. And all you can here is the clicking. This will continue for infinity until I disconnect the ethernet cable, and after 30 seconds or so, it will then start it's PTZ sequence and the fan will kick on and go live. I then plug the cable back in, and all is good?

My firmware is 5.2.7, and I'm plugged into a WR842ND with OPENWRT. Is there a simple solution to this issue? I really don't want to have to unplug and plug my ethernet cable in event of a power failure?

gsxr1181

n3wb
Reaction score
As an off-the-wall suggestion, try (temporarily) disabling IPv6 if you have that active in your router.
alastairstevenson, not off the wall when you hit it spot on.

Turns out OPENWRT wants to priority IPv6 over IPv4 even when your not setting a IPv6 address. And this is what was hanging up the camera.

By adding net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1 in /etc/sysctl.conf the camera will start normally. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: