DS-2DE4425IW-DE / DS-2DE4225IW-DE missing "min size" and "max size" buttons from event settings

nicobar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

Between a friend of mine and I we have four of these cameras, two of each. All updated to latest fw V5.6.15 build 191211

I noticed that in the Smart Event section, under "Intrusion Detection", "Line Crossing Detection", etc, there is no buttons "min size" and "max size" to draw the minimum and maximum size of the object to detect.
I can set the size of the area to monitor, the sensitivity and the threshold as in my other different models of cameras, but with these I am detecting a lot of unwanted events because of very small insects flying in the field of view.
Typically you would solve this problem by drawing a "min size" rectangle a bit smaller that the smallest object you want to detect, say a person.
I have these buttons in all my others 20+ hikvision cameras, why not in these ones?
Mind that we are talking 4 different cameras accessed via different computers and browsers (IE11, Chrome with ietab extension) and they all show the same issue. I haven't tried older firmwares.

Do any of you have these cameras, can you check if you have these buttons and report your fw version?

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Between a friend of mine and I we have four of these cameras, two of each. All updated to latest fw V5.6.15 build 191211

I noticed that in the Smart Event section, under "Intrusion Detection", "Line Crossing Detection", etc, there is no buttons "min size" and "max size" to draw the minimum and maximum size of the object to detect.
I can set the size of the area to monitor, the sensitivity and the threshold as in my other different models of cameras, but with these I am detecting a lot of unwanted events because of very small insects flying in the field of view.
Typically you would solve this problem by drawing a "min size" rectangle a bit smaller that the smallest object you want to detect, say a person.
I have these buttons in all my others 20+ hikvision cameras, why not in these ones?
Mind that we are talking 4 different cameras accessed via different computers and browsers (IE11, Chrome with ietab extension) and they all show the same issue. I haven't tried older firmwares.

Do any of you have these cameras, can you check if you have these buttons and report your fw version?
Did you perform a hard reset of the cam after the update?

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
V5.6.11 build 190426

Mine is the same.

Do you have sensitivity option in Region Entrance Detection? (I don't)

There is a post somewhere about using web Dev Tools in a browser to enable hidden functionality. You could try that? Someone will post a link shortly I expect :p

nicobar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
V5.6.11 build 190426

Mine is the same.

Do you have sensitivity option in Region Entrance Detection? (I don't)

There is a post somewhere about using web Dev Tools in a browser to enable hidden functionality. You could try that? Someone will post a link shortly I expect :p
I don't, BUT: I have a slow connection in this remote location and the page loads slowly, and for a fraction of a second I see three sliders: threshold, sensitivity, percentage. Once the page is loaded, they all disappear and I am left with two buttons, "detection area" and "clear".

Anybody has any idea of what's going on?