DS-2DE4A425IW-DE firmware issue

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just an alert to the new firmware for the PTZ camera DS-2DE4A425IW-DE which is the current update on Hikvision's site. The Version: V5.7.3_220315 removes auto tracking from the device, and according to the release note, does not support downgrading to previous version. It also removes the Zoom function.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone here did update it and found that out.

It is why we STRESS do not update for kicks and grins to be on the latest firmware. In many instances it breaks what was working.

Only update if you are having an issue with the camera and the firmware notes indicate it fixes said issue.

If the notes are not detailed and your camera is working for your use case, resist the OCD urge to update to current firmware!

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I agree with your thoughts. However, I was having issues with this camera, and my installer got Hikvision Tech to connect to my machine to investigate. They said that the update would resolve the issues, but instead compounded them. Fortunately, Hikvision were able to rollback the firmware.
Needless to say, this camera is a nightmare, and I just cannot get it to track objects successfully.

syadnom

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you guys find a solution? I have a DS-2DE4A425IW-DE as well, on firmware 5.6.15, but it's uptilt is wrong. -5 is more like +15 so I can't zoom in on the horizon at all. The only firmware I can find is 5.4.8 and that refuses to 'upgrade'.

cpcctv

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you guys find a solution? I have a DS-2DE4A425IW-DE as well, on firmware 5.6.15, but it's uptilt is wrong. -5 is more like +15 so I can't zoom in on the horizon at all. The only firmware I can find is 5.4.8 and that refuses to 'upgrade'.
Does anyone know if the 5.7 branch reinstates tracking, or failing that, a link to where all the changelogs since 5.6 are?