DS-2DE4A425IW-DE

monaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All
Looking at getting the Hikvision PTZ DS-2DE4A425IW . I've been told by the installer it doesn't need separate power to operate the PTZ as it gets what it needs from the POE. Your thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Correct. Just make sure your PoE switch is up to the task: 12VDC & PoE+ (802.3 at, class4)

This is a high zoom camera. I have the 20x version and this is the 25x. I would suggest that you buy this camera for viewing from 20m-60m camera to target area. If the distance between your mounting position and target area is shorter than that (5m - 20m) the 4x zoom version (which I also own) is probably better suited.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This PTZ requires 18 watts to power it. Your Hikvision NVR should be able to power it if it has not maxed out the power allocation. Look under the "camera" tab and you will see "POE Information". From there you will see how much power is used currently by your system and all the cameras and how much of it is available. As long as you have enough then you will be fine.

monaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
NVR tells me it has 168 watts left, and my cameras are only using 30 odd watts. Thank lewic for all your advice.

Cheers