DS-7108N-SNP not compatible with DS-2CD1041-I cameras

Raffaele88

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a huge problem that I have been taking with me for about 1 year now.
I purchased a Hikvision DS-7108N-SN / P, with the Firmware V3.0.18, Build 151231.
Unfortunately I can't see my DS-2CD1041-I cameras with Firware V5.5.0 build 170725.
One difference that I notice, but I don't know if it is important, is that on the camera I see Firware B-R-R6-0 property, while on the DVR I see JGGPYW written.
I tried to connect the cameras directly to DVR but they don't work.
I tried to configure the cameras from plug & play to manual but the DVR reports the error saying Weak Password, but the password is correct because I access the web correctly.

Anyone have any ideas? I am truly desperate

Thank you all

Raffaele88

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry but it's not clear to me.
Could you please explain how to do it?

Raffaele88

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
first of all thank you very much for your reply.
I did as you said (attached images) but the camera continues to be unrecognized :-(

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot again

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a huge problem that I have been taking with me for about 1 year now.
I purchased a Hikvision DS-7108N-SN / P, with the Firmware V3.0.18, Build 151231.
Unfortunately I can't see my DS-2CD1041-I cameras with Firware V5.5.0 build 170725.
One difference that I notice, but I don't know if it is important, is that on the camera I see Firware B-R-R6-0 property, while on the DVR I see JGGPYW written.
I tried to connect the cameras directly to DVR but they don't work.
I tried to configure the cameras from plug & play to manual but the DVR reports the error saying Weak Password, but the password is correct because I access the web correctly.

Anyone have any ideas? I am truly desperate

Thank you all
Hi there, I have the same NVR but ran into issues when i reset the nvr to "factory" came back in Chinese.. every firmware I have tried since then has various issues.. no ptz control, time not syncing. etc etc can you post the firmware you are using and I'll give that a try?