DS-7108NI-E1/V/W and built-in dhcp server that cannot be disabled

arek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm playing with Hikvision NVR - DS-7108NI-E1/V/W (firmware V3.4.2 build 160129).

Unfortunately beside being complete crap it has one annoying feature. It has built-in DHCP server that seems to be impossible to be disabled. I have found no option to disable it. Obviously it conflicts with internal DHCP server in my LAN.

Any ideas how to disable this dhcp server? Maybe it is possible somehow.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That unit is complete crap. If you can do so, my advise is to return it.

If you access the unit at some random port number, you actually get access to the router part of it. It actually does have a router inside, and well, Hikvision is surely not in the routers market. It sucked. I was actually todl how to access the router config by someone at Hik, since it was nowhere to be found on the documentation.

I spent with another tech a few days playing with this unit last december. After many hours wasted, we just gave up on it and sent it back. We have it out of stock ourselves now, and refuse to sell it. From my point of view, it is a non working piece of equipment and a time waster :(

arek

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah... I'm sitting for last hour and reading forum to see what other NVR to buy ... DS-7616NI-E2 looks ok and cheap enough. Digging more.

(8 channels is enough; POE not required; up to 4Mpix cameras; no need for wifi/router feature anymore)

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DS-7108NI-E1/V/W is supposed to make it "easy" for the end user. Grabe one, throw a few wifi cams at it (2CD24xx, 2CD20xx and 2CD21xx with wifi, etc) and everything will be up and running quick.

Well, maybe it will be that way sometime in the future, but it just doesn't work currently.

DS-7616NI-E2 is a good enough unit.

arek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision support says that there should be web interface on port 6000 of *gateway* IP address (gateway that NVR dhcpd announces) for router part configuration of DS-7108NI-E1/V/W.

Nothing listening on that port here though (tested on firmware 3.4.2; will still have to test 3.4.1 firmware mailed by support). There is telnet port open but NVR closes all connections comming to it almost immediately, so can't do anything that way.

In meantime got DS-7616NI-I2/16P which uses the same shitty software as as DS-7108NI (almost exactly the same features; the same UI look and feel) which is a bit disappointing. DS-7616NI-I2/16P is also loud - too loud to be used in the same room with me.

Web interface for boths these NVRs is from ancient era, using very old web technology, no HTML5 video support and some ugly plugins instead etc.

kevkevev

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I've got the same problem.
Does anyone have a solution here?
Firmware is 3.4.80