DS-7604Ni-E1 4P/A E-Mail WORKING OK

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Like many other 76 series NVR owners i have had no luck getting emails sent from the NVR at all, like others i have tried Gmail and live accounts but nothing worked, it is a well documented issue here on the forums

So why has it now started to work ?? and faultlessly !

I set the NVR and Camera with the same email settings and it never worked, suddenly for no reason that i can fathom, i now get reliable line crossing emails

I actually do NOT get pictures included in the emails, just a notification about line crossing with date and time and which camera detected the line crossing, is there something else in the NVR software i need to tick to enable a picture inclusion ??

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Like many other 76 series NVR owners i have had no luck getting emails sent from the NVR at all, like others i have tried Gmail and live accounts but nothing worked, it is a well documented issue here on the forums

So why has it now started to work ?? and faultlessly !

I set the NVR and Camera with the same email settings and it never worked, suddenly for no reason that i can fathom, i now get reliable line crossing emails

I actually do NOT get pictures included in the emails, just a notification about line crossing with date and time and which camera detected the line crossing, is there something else in the NVR software i need to tick to enable a picture inclusion ??
Pictures will be included with Motion Detection once you enable it, line crossing will only be an email notification.

Email works fine if you configure properly with the NVR and your Google account as you must enable 3rd part applications inside gmail. Most documented issues here with email are users error or user confussion, not a failure of the product.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Pictures will be included with Motion Detection once you enable it, line crossing will only be an email notification.

Email works fine if you configure properly with the NVR and your Google account as you must enable 3rd part applications inside gmail. Most documented issues here with email are users error or user confussion, not a failure of the product.
Thanks for the info, had no idea line crossing did not trigger a camera capture

I am not sure you are correct with the E-mail information, as i stated i changed nothing in the camera or NVR and i changed nothing in Gmail, which was originally set up with low security when the account was created... further more both NVR and Camera report fail when testing the E-mail settings BUT i am in fact receiving email notifications reliably now, so we have a difference of opinion and i for one do not believe the myriad of users reporting email issues are mostly configuring incorrectly, my own experience lending weight to the fact that there is issues with the 76 series Email notification software