DS-7604NI-E1/4P access via web browser

TaHzO

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear Community,

I'm playing around at the moment with a DS-7604NI-E1/4P Hikvision NVR. I did the following setup.
My IPv4 Adress of the device I set to static to 192.168.177.2, Internal NIC IPv4 Address I left to 192.168.254.1

I added my demo camera (DS-2CD2142FWD-IS) manually because i also gave it a static IP address in my local network (192.168.177.3). The camera is powered over a seperate PoE switch. With this configuration I wanted to assure that I remain direct access to my camera via browser etc.
The configuration worked good - I see the camera, recording is working fine etc.

Now I wanted to test to get access to the NVR via web browser (Mac, Safari at the moment). I reach my NVR locally via 192.168.177.2 (Port 80) but I can not login with my login credentials from my user "admin". I use a strong password. I also created an additional user with a strong password, check all permissions on and tried it. Everytime I try to login via browser i get the result that my username and password would be wrong.

Does anybody has some hints for me?

Thanks
TaHzO

TaHzO

n3wb
Reaction score
I also tried to access it via Internet Explorer ... everytime I get the result: "Incorrect user name or password. The device will be locked after 6 failed login." I'm using the same login credentials I get access to the Menu directly on the NVR - user admin and the correct password.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I also tried to access it via Internet Explorer ... everytime I get the result: "Incorrect user name or password. The device will be locked after 6 failed login." I'm using the same login credentials I get access to the Menu directly on the NVR - user admin and the correct password.
If your password is 8 characters or longer try making it shorter - less then 8. Someone else was reporting an issue similar - not identical a few weeks ago and it had something to do with the password, but I don't remember what.

TaHzO

n3wb
Reaction score
I just figured it out. It was my fault because I used a german keyboard connected to the NVR where I typed the password. Instead of Z I typed Y without recognizing it. So I did it on the NVR with the mouse and it works fine. No bug... By the way: On my NVR I have to at least choose more than 8 characters.

Thanks for all your help!

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
I just figured it out. It was my fault because I used a german keyboard connected to the NVR where I typed the password. Instead of Z I typed Y without recognizing it. So I did it on the NVR with the mouse and it works fine. No bug... By the way: On my NVR I have to at least choose more than 8 characters.

Thanks for all your help!
Glad you figured it out TaHzO, i have a strong feeling not a single person here would have thought to even ask what language keyboard was used to log in... or even IF one was used.. add to that the fact of a typo on a German keyboard meant... u woz briefly well and truly up the swanny with no paddle

i am going to add your brief error to my list of things to remember... when i find it :laugh: