DS-7604NI-E1/4P - No HDD Overwrite option

denno201

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am setting up my first surveillance camera project and purchased a DS-7604NI-E1/4 NVR. I have installed a 2TB WB purple drive and upgraded the firmware to 3.4.0; but I do not have an option to enable HDD overwrite. From all my research online it appears I should have a checkbox that needs to be ticked, but I do not have an extra tab with any extra option. The only option I have found (which isn't really an option as I only have one HDD and therefore one option) is about setting up HDD quotas for video and photos.

I have attached two photos for reference. They are not the best, but you can see what tabs i have at the top of the screen.

Am I missing something? I plan on having 3 cameras attached recording events. I only plan on reviewing these events when something happens that I want to check out - set and forget until needed!

Cheers,
Dennis

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have an HDD overwrite option either via the VGA/HDMI interface on a 7816N-E2 3.3.4 but there is one via the web GUI.

denno201

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks alastairstevenson. you are right, I have found this with the web interface.