DS-7604NI-E1/4P POE Ports not working

chriscla

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR that I'm trying to use with 3 DS-2CD2342WD-I turret cameras. Nothing happens (no link lights) when I plug the cameras into the POE ports on the back of the NVR. The NVR has power and I can access its web interface. I don't think its a cabling issue as I can access the camera if I plug the camera into another POE switch I have.

I wonder if this is something silly. For example, do I have to do anything to enable the POE ports.

Thank you!

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the NVR what appears in the power PoE section when you connect the camera? It should show connection and power draw.

Have you set static ip's on the cameras? Remember you have to let the NVR manage them when you connect them to the PoE, also check and set virtual hosts, then you can connect via the same ip as your nvr with the :65001 port added

chriscla

n3wb
Reaction score
The power section doesn’t show anything plugged in. I’ll double check the dhcp settings. My thinking was that I would at least get link lights.

I plugged another camera directly into the nvr and it powered up immediately. So maybe it is a cable issue. I’m going to do some more testing as maybe something is misconnected. It’s odd as the camera works fine with the same cables when plugged into my Poe switch. Worst case I’ll just power it using my existing switch.

chriscla

n3wb
Reaction score
Turned out I had a bad-crimp on one of my cable ends. Now everything is up and working great. Odd that it worked with the other POE switch but I'm not complaining :)