DS-7608NI-E2/8P + DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS ptz function

Eric Osman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bougth some Hikvision camera's and a nvr because l like Hikvision. Now i only have a problem... I have DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS camera's and i bougth them because of the zoom lens... Whenn i connect them like:

Camera -> internet -> app. The PTZ function works
But with:
Camera -> nvr -> app it wont...

Does anyone relate to this problem or knows a fix? Because i need to use the poe from the recorder...

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you selecting it as a ptz on the nvr?

Eric Osman

n3wb
Reaction score
I just found out whenn i want to see the camera's in action in my webbrowser (IE) i get the message :

The stream is encrypted. Please go to the Local Configuration interface to set the Encryption Key and restart live view.

But how do i get the encryption key because i didnt set one?
And it's possible to watch it on the TV and on pc in substream mode.

Fixed the above message of encryption.

Last edited by a moderator:

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if you got your answer yet, weeks of searching for me turned up null. I can only assume PTZ is not functioning on this model NVR even though it's advertised. Had to upgrade to a 7608.

Eric Osman

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if you got your answer yet, weeks of searching for me turned up null. I can only assume PTZ is not functioning on this model NVR even though it's advertised. Had to upgrade to a 7608.
Nope... my supplier told me it's because my camera's are on a newer version than the recorder...