DS-7608NI-I2/8 P with Dahua Cam

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I use a NVR Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8 P (firmware 3.4.62) with Hikvision cam and imporx cam, no problem.
Protocol hikvision or ONVIF.

I bought 2 new cam, Dahua 4MP IPC-HDBW4421R-AS and Dahua IPC-HDW4421C-A i'd like to add them to my nvr but impossible.

I use by default OBVIF protocol with 80 port but the cam are always disconnected with the message wrong user/pwd.

User & password are good for sure, i use them with web interface, so is there a special configuration for the dahua cam with this Hik nvr ?

I expect that hikvision doesn't block Dahua cam like they do with hikvision chineese cam in ONVIF.

Thanks for your help

lowpro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've done something similar to you when I had my Swann (rebranded hik) NVR. I added two Dahua cameras, but they had to get their power externally, and couldn't be connected directly into the NVR.

Other than that, try this info...

Protocol is ONVIF
Management port is 9988
Your username and password

Not all the features will work the same though, Motion Detection didn't work. Didn't matter to me because I was using a separate motion detector.

Good Luck!

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for theses information !

Cam is on my poe Swatch, just tested with the 9988 port and onvif no connection :-( Will try an older nvr firmware for test.