DS-7608NI-I2/8P Help

derickma

n3wb
Reaction score
Had one installed in 2017 with an older firmware version.
I upgraded the firmware so I can change the HDMI output display configuration thru the browser, updated firmware it went in fine, system did a reboot , asked to login when it came back up and it would not accept my password. eventually it locked me out after multiple trys.
contacted HKVision and did a export /import with SADP to reset the password. I entered a new password in SADP it accepted it and it said the reset was good when i imported the new file. However I still can't login, at least with the password I set when using the SADP.

Main screen at the controller looks like the pic attached, can't change the username and the drop down has about 15 of the exact same username

The cameras still display but i have no control over them nor can I connect thru the phone app , nothing on port 80 so I cant Http in IVMS won't let me in because i don't have the password, at least it's not the one I reset it to.

is there anyway to reset this thing , Hk Vision told me to call support, was never able to get ahold of anyone, Even called a local dealer and no response for a week.
I'm in IT I'm fully capable to reset this if I have clear instructions, I'm even comfortable ripping it open if needed.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you initially try loading a firmware from a different region- they can be region locked and you get that sort of gibberish when that's happened. The unlock file should have work though.

There are some older posts on here with instructions on how to unlock them via the serial port. Searching should find it, being in IT you should have no problems.

PS: If you did upload a different region's firmware, once you manage to log in again be aware that it is quite likely now locked to the new firmware's region. I bricked mine (Australian firmware), got the unlock file and then discovered I'm now locked to the Euro region firmware.