DS-7608NI-I2/8P VS DS-7608NI-E2/8P

Midrar

n3wb
Reaction score
So I was just randomly looking through the Hikvision website and I found a couple new NVR's. The DS-7608NI-I2/8P was labeled a new product. There is very little information online and the little bit I seen didn't seem too accurate. The most significant improvement was that it could handle up to 12mp cameras &4k compatible. So I called Hikvision and they stated it was released about 7 months ago and it was an improvement over the E2/8P but not a replacement. Not sure if that's because the E2/8P hasn't reached end of life yet or some other reason.

Either way, I contacted ADI and found that my local store did not have any in stock, the distribution hub did and the difference in cost was very minimal. So my question for everyone is the following:

What are everyone's thoughts? There was a freezing/rebooting issue online and it seems that was resolved with a firmware upgrade. Does the software seem quicker and does it seem like an upgrade? What is everyone's thoughts on this NVR? Thanks

Midrar

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got my new I2/8P today and setup was smooth. There is no lag like there was with the E2/8P. When using the browser with the E2/8P and setting up smart detection, there would be a significant amount of lag with 4mp cameras making the process next to impossible. The I2/8P doesn't have this issue, and seems very responsive with no lag. I'm very pleased with this upgrade.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Love my I2/8P for about 6 months now, only wish it was 16P as that was me thinking for the house I would stop at 8 cameras when I should have realized that was delusional.