DS-7608NI-K2 + 3x2CD2085FWD (4K) + H265+

bubabedzie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got:
- NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P (firmware V3.4.107 build 190927) + 4TB (Seagate SkyHawk -continuous recording)
- 3xDS-2CD2085FWD-I (firmware V5.6.2 build 190701) (+32GB some basic Sandisk microSD for move detection recordings)

When I set on cam H265+ max bitrate (8192kbps) and avarge max bitrate=4096 I've got few problems:

1. Unable to 4K Live View (even on one cam!) on Web Browser, Hik-Connect app and IVMS 4500 app. - 2nd stream works well....
2. The recorded by NVR (and on microSD card) videos are corrupted:
- they skipping/jumping some parts of video
- loop on some part of video
- there are some artefacts on timestamp (seconds especially)
- the only way to watch them is downloading on PC

At first I thought it was the problem with the bitrate (I’ve set 16384kbps and avarge max bitrate >8000kbps), but the settings above also causes a problem maybe not in all recordings, but there is no live view.…

On H265 (16384kbps) in most cases it's okay, but sometimes hdd recordings have frozen for 1 second and shows some ghosting on fast moving objects.
Also I'am able to watch three 4K streams on PC (via web page) or Android app.

1. Does anyone have a similar problem?
2. What settings should I set for h265+ (4K/20fps/highest quality) - the priority is picture quality.
3. I think when I tested it before firmware upgrade (NVR/CAMs) H265+ worked well. However I do not remember exactly before what upgrade It was (cam or nvr)…
Generally it is quite strange, because H265+ uses less bandwidth than H265, so it should work better, but maybe it loads more the CPU of NVR or PC? Furthermore, I did not do factory reset after firmware upgrade - is it necessary?

Ps. Wrote to Hik support, but without reply since week...

Last edited:

Pierrre

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bubbabedzie,
I've only had problems with 265+ but I should say this was when it was first released. I had exactly same issue with the 4k cameras when they first came out & 265+, artifacts, ghosting, bits left behind while the rest played fine.

It might have changed now, but I dont need the hassle. I just set it to h265 and leave the rest at default. I play the night time footage back for the customer and only change things if they arent happy.

If you are still having problems with 265 and freezing have you tried another hard drive? I've had one system that had artifacts all over the place on playback which disapeared when the HD was replaced.
Also I've never needed to do a factory reset after an upgrade but it can't hurt if youre that desperate

bubabedzie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the answer.

I think it is not HDD fault, because on H265 at higher bitrates there are no problems. For now, I still use H265.
I decided to try the upgrade to NVR firmware to v4. Let you know how it goes.

bubabedzie

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I did not updated to v4, because it disappeared from HIK Portal.

However I’ve updated NVR fw to: V3.4.108 build 200102 and cam fw to: V5.6.4 build 191224.

Now I’m testing it, but looks like it helped and fixed all problems.