DS-7732ni-i4/24p with no password

Hans*2

n3wb
Apr 20, 2021
Netherlands
Hello hobby friends,

I braced a DS-7732ni-i4/24p NVR at a bankruptcy auction
but I don't have a password so it needs to be reset.
I can see in SAPD and in IVMS4200 that he is active in the range 10.29.76.30
and my router has the range of 192.168.2.1.

How do I reflash it and put a new firmware on it.
There are several possibilities

1. If you want to make a password reset request, it is highly recommended to scan the QR code to download the Hik-Partner Pro app and follow the to make a request.

2, If you can't make the phone on which the Hik-Partner Pro app and the Hikvision device are installed on the same LAN, click here to reset the password as the video 4 Ways to Free You from Password Reset
If your device does not support password reset, we strongly recommend that you click here to get instructions via computer and reply to us with the xml file and label image. Do not restart your device or re-export the xml file until you receive our reply.

3, For disconnecting Hik-Connect, we strongly recommend you to click here Note: Available features may vary depending on the country or region.

4, For searching for firmware updates of the device, we sincerely invite you to click the following link How to use Firmware Update Search on Hik-Partner Pro Note: Available features may vary depending on the country or region.

5, With TFTP server and a serial cable or are there any other tips

Everything is welcome.

Greetings hans

With TFTP server and a serial cable or are there any other tips
That would be my choice of method.

You'd need an RS232 (not TTL serial) interface, probably with a null modem cable, to connect to the DB9 connector on the back panel.
And a normal tftp server such as this one :

And a serial terminal program such as PuTTY