DS-7732NI-K4/16P Hikvision ip camera adding issue 17th cam and above

sunit333

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

There are some amazing questions here but I haven't found the exact answer to my issue.

I have aDS-7732NI-K4/16P NVR and configured 16cameras on it by manually assigning ips to each of the camera via sadp tool. All went smoothly until I reached the 17th camera. Its connected to a poe switch and there are more than other 4 cameras to the same poe switch which are part of the initial 16 cameras that work on the poe switch. After I assign it a static ip using sadp, I can login to it as well but when I try to manually add it using the NVR configuration menu, it's not playing.. I cannot see its live stream.

Another weird situation is that I always set a static ip for the NVR it self to let's say 192.168.0.50 but sadp would never show that static ip and always changes to a static ip it wishes on its on to let's say 192.168.254.60 and this ip address is always bound to NVR even after it restarts. I have also disabled dhcp.

Of current there is no dhcp on the network or a gateway so I have left it blank. What may I be doing wrong and how can I add 17 upto 32 cameras to this NVR?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like all the cameras are on external PoE switches on the LAN and you are not using the built-in PoE interfaces on the NVR. Unless I've misunderstood what you have described.

If it's the built-in PoE channels that's the problem -
You can make use of these as part of the overall channel count if you set them into manual mode and set the IP address to match that of the LAN-connected camera you want it to connect to.

sunit333

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.I was using built in poe ports on NVR for some of the cameras and for a few others I was connecting to them using 2 poe switches on the network. However, I finally got the issue figured out myself. I connected the NVR plus the 2 poe switches to another new gigabit switch. Thereafter added a different subnet for the cameras 17 and above. For cameras upto 16 were let on the internal nic of the NVR and despite them connecting to any of the 2 poe switches all worked well. It's after I segmented to another network (subnet) and thereafter adding the cameras manually everything worked like a charm!