DS-HD1 Doorbell

PhilChris

n3wb
Reaction score
My DS-HD1 was working properly. The streaming and the doorbell chime worked. Then the doorbell chime stopped working even though my chime still worked because I disconnected the camera and connected the doorbell wires. When the button was pushed, while still connected, I heard the electronic doorbell sound outside and on the tv if I had the camera on the tv with the Hikvision NVR program. With the camera disconnected, I put an ohmmeter across the terminals and pushed the button but got no reading; I figured I should have read very low ohms but nothing. Does anyone have any practical experience with this? I'm a retired plant electrician and want to know if I should get a reading with the camera disconnected. Thanks, Phil

PhilChris

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't use Hikvision but they use a semiconductor switch which must have voltage to it in order to work.
Thanks LConley
I had written to Hikvision support earlier and discovered that I had missed their reply to my question. The question I posed to them was as follows:

On Wed, 1 Jul at 7:58 AM , Philip Eckert wrote:
Good morning,
I’m a retired GM electrician and have a question for you with my DS-HD1 camera. It’s hooked to my door chimes and has been working well but recently stopped ringing the chimes. The wiring circuit is good to the doorbell; if I connect the 2 wires together, the chimes will ring. I had taken the camera off and put an ohmmeter across the terminals and pressed the button but got no reading. The circuit is open and that would explain why the chimes don’t ring anymore. I noticed the back of the camera was so hot I couldn’t keep my fingers on it for more than 3-4 seconds. The camera records and otherwise works but no more chimes. Shouldn’t I get a ohmmeter reading when I push the cam button? Thanks, Phl Eckert

[Hikvision Support replied to me]
Hello Philip,
Thank you, yes that is correct. You should be getting some reading. And this just started happening recently? The hot to the touch would be normal for that given device. You can try to reconnect those connections, but I'm sure you have already tried that. With this issue you will want to reach out to your place of purchase for the RMA/Warranty options.

Thank you for your continuing support in using Hikvision products.
For all the latest updates in software and firmware for your equipment , please visit the North America Tech Center page.
If you need more details and information on our current product line , please consult our current Product Guide .

Browse our online resources at :
Password Reset: Password Reset
How to Documents : How-To

michaellm

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. Deleting the device from the Hik-Connect app, resetting it and then reconfiguring and choosing the setting for a mechanical chime returned the chime function for me. Below is from the email from support I followed.

We request you to delete the device from the app and reset the doorbell (press and hold the reset button for 10-15 secs) and re-add the device on the app, and while re-adding the device you will get an option to select the chime, so select the right option and monitor the app and the doorbell and let us know the status.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I to had to delete mine from the app and re-add it to get it working again also. Your not going to get a reading across the terminals with a meter. It uses an electronic relay to short the wires to ring the chime. The device needs to be up and running for that

PhilChris

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. Deleting the device from the Hik-Connect app, resetting it and then reconfiguring and choosing the setting for a mechanical chime returned the chime function for me. Below is from the email from support I followed.
Thanks for your input on this. I wasn't able to get back on it right away. What I did was to delete the Hik-Vision app and download the latest one. It then gave me the ability, under settings, to choose the chime. I did so and it works well. I didn't have to reset the doorbell which saved me some steps.

PhilChris

n3wb
Reaction score
I to had to delete mine from the app and re-add it to get it working again also. Your not going to get a reading across the terminals with a meter. It uses an electronic relay to short the wires to ring the chime. The device needs to be up and running for that
Thanks for the info. I did get it running and posted my reply. Being a plant electrician for 40 years, I thought it might be electronically controlled but couldn't find any schematic info on it; that's why I wrote to Hik-Vision support and he told me, erroneously, that I should have gotten a reading. I guess it proves that not all support people can be relied on. It's up and running now and is a good camera when it works.