DS-HD1 Hikvision Doorbell "Device version not supported. Please upgrade the device".

Jayal

n3wb
Reaction score
HI all, I hope someone can help me with this problem.

I got a Hikvision DS-HD1 Doorcam and I have applied the latest Firmware: DS-HD1_5.2.4 200321

My main problem:
When setting up the Doorcam, I cannot configure the Doorcam settings from the Hik-Connect app, the error message I receive is:
"Device version not supported. Please upgrade the device".

The camera is added with IP/Domain and I can view the feed/ONVIF etc and I can also use the Batch Configuration Tool to modify video/network settings etc.
My Problem: As you know certain settings can only be modified thru the app (such as "Receive call from doorbell"):

The latest Doorcam firmware seems to have added the problem. I have tried Hik-Connect from 2 different Samsung phones as well as an virtual machine with Android and an iPhone with the same problem (so my conclusion is that the problem lies in the firmware).

Another problem is when during setup the Wizard never finishes as per the public instruction video below.
After the voice telling me the configuration is finished successfully I get "Wrong Wi-FI password. Please try again"or "Complicated environment for the Wifi Network..." instead of the continued configuration of the Doorcam settings such as selecting the Chime hardware or not / "Receive call from doorbell" on/off).

If I then cancel I can access the with the SADP tool or Batch Configuration Wizard to modify settings.

The official video:

Have anyone downgraded the firmware (if possible)?
(I probably can change to EZWIZ firmware since it seems this firmware is more properly maintained?)

Thanks, Sincerely Joakim