ds-kb6003-wip firmware

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have the KB6403, it uses the same firmware as kb6003, just have a different input voltage.
I were on version 1.4.62 180515, and that was not stable at all. RTSP and the web interface stopped working very often and then required a restart of the device.
I tried to downgrade to firmware 1.4.61 170731 with the web interface. The process stopped during "Rebooting" and it never came back online. After some hours I tried restarting it but now its not connecting to WiFi anymore. I tried resetting by holding reset for 15 sec, but that is no longer working. I also tried placing the firmware file on an SD card and then rebooting it without any luck.
When the device get power the button gets the blue light. When you click the ring button it light goes away.

Any tips to what I should do now?

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Make sure the SD card is formatted FAT32/MSDOS, not ntfs or some windows format, it won't recognize that.

Then when you hold the reset button for 15-20 seconds, it should start installing the firmware from the card. I have 2 of these doorbells, (the 6003 though) and it worked for me.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your help.
I just tried it now, but seems like nothing is happening. It seems completely dead, except for the blue light on the main button. 64GB sd card formated as FAT32 only having the .dav file on it. I would think that the SD card is fine as the camera were able to save files to it while it was working.
Do you get any audio promts or other feedback in this process? What firmware version are you running?

puncake

n3wb
Reaction score
Any update on this? I'm on the same boat with the Uniden ubell. Can anyone confirm what is the most stable firmware to date?

puncake

n3wb
Reaction score
Ron, I'm also interested on which one you settled, trying to cut out the app too, integration with Home Assistant seems to be a pain.