DS-KD8003-IME1/EU network SDK error 17 - SOLVED

Fahr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was recently able to reset the admin password on the DS-KD8003-IME1 we have at our new building (it was pre-installed) and I can get into it now using iVMS-4200. In iVMS-4200 I can change settings, view the camera, etc.

I downloaded the Hikvision Network SDK for Windows 64 and was able to compile the examples without any issues. However, when I run it with the same details I entered into iVMS, it keeps giving me back an error 17 almost instantly. I did some searching on this error and the internet tells me that this is because of some IP configuration issue - which I find hard to believe, since iVMS works and the error is pretty much instant.

Has anyone has any luck getting the DS-KD8003-IME1 working with the network SDK? I would like to write a program to listen to doorbell presses.

Fahr

n3wb
Reaction score
The above has been resolved already... apparently the password I set was TOO LONG for the SDK, which is limited at 16 bytes for the password. Neither iVMS, nor the unit itself have this problem.

I reset the password to something < 16 characters and now it works. Seriously...

I'm leaving this here in case anyone else finds it useful in the future.