DS-KH6320-WTE1 freeze

gillesh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

i updated my intercom station Hikvision DS-KIS602 with the latest firmware. The outdoor station upgrade went good and is working perfect. The indoor station update has gone wrong. I started the update through iVMS-4200 and the update did the process, but afterwards nothing happened and now the indoor station is just freezing at the welcome screen.
I don't know what could have gone wrong.

Thanks!
Gilles

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
what firmware did you try to update ?

this is the newest ...

you can use tftpd to upgrade it, no problem ........... normal recover process... you can also use usb-ttl interface to see whats wrong. if you hit key on startup, you can start the update process over ttl manual.

mcoric86

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I had the same problem with the DS-KH6320-TE1 for which I tried to upgrade the firmware to a new version (V.2.1.10 bulid 200713) via the ivms 4200 application,
followed the instructions, everything went smoothly, the process came to 100% I received a message that the process is complete and that the device reboot, there is a problem, the device is 'stuck' at the initial screen (Welcome screen) and still does not work, I tried to restart it several times, always the same.
The device is still 'alive' on the network, before it had a static ip address on device that I can ping, through ivms 4200 I see it online, when I try again via ivms to do an upgrade or
to reset it to factory settings the device does not respond, I always get the same message 'Failde to upgrade device. Error code HCNetSDK.dll [10] Reciving data from server is timeout '

P.S.
I did the same for the outdoor unit DS-KV8213-WME1, upgrading to the latest version everything went well, the device works without problems ..

Plesase can you give instructions on how to upgrade again ?
IMG_9442.jpgIMG_9444.jpg

Last edited:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
there is a problem with these indoor stations if you flash a firmware, which is not for your region code...
please post region code from serial number...

also you can try to factory default the device... there was a change for the protocol version ... depends which version you had before

mcoric86

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for replay...
This is from device S/N: DS-KH6320-TE1/EU0120191117WR

I tried to reset to factory settings via ivms and batch configurator, but it doesn't work ...

Last edited:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
please remove your serial number from your post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also remove the picture with serial number

this is all what is needed..

DS-KH6320-TE1/EU0120191117WR

so it is a EU model with World region code (WR)..

try to flash this firmware:

HIKVISION UK PORTAL

if not working over IVMS, you may need a TTL USB interface... but you can try TFTPD recovery first without ttl interface.

i think factory reset over console only possible with ttl on this devices (you can try SDK )

follow this instruction with the firmware from UK portal

mcoric86

n3wb
Reaction score
How to do this, could you give me some instructions, I'm doing this for the first time ...
"first you can try TFTPD recovery without ttl interface"

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
And please wait a while when using tftpd... its possible that the "success" notice pops up more than once...

btw i bricked one of my 6320 wte1 also with a .10 firmware version by downgrading from .20 ... there was one "repair" version from hikvision for these devices because of this protocol change ... many people had trouble on upgrade/downgrade

mcoric86

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to work through the SDK, I re-installed the latest version of the firmware, the upgrade was done successfully, the device works again ... :)

Thanks a lot for the help and instructions .....