DS-KH6320-WTE1 indoor panel and DS-KV8113-WME1 doorbell, after upgrade...

mlukaszek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post here - really hoping someone can help.

Short scene setting: I bought a Hikvision kit last year, the DS-KV8113-WME1 doorbell with DS-KH6320-WTE1 indoor panel.
I configured both, powered them through the PoE switch. The door unit controls two electric locks, one for the door and the other for the fence. The indoor unit was used to control the doorbell - answer calls, control both locks. I even had configured Home Assistant to be able to stream the camera feed and open both locks from my phone.

Everything worked really well until recently - when I thought that maybe Hikvision released updated firmware...

I updated the doorbell unit to v2.2.53 (build 220816) and the indoor station to v2.1.52 (build 220811).
The door station's video feed now looks like shot via fisheye lens, it's no longer linear like (I think?) it was. But that's a small nitpick.

The bigger problem is the indoor unit. While generally being able to communicate with the door station (I can see the video feed fine and I can see the number of locks, and it looks like I can still answer calls and control the locks while the call is in progress), it cannot open any of the two locks from the "Live view" - I get "Unlocking failed" after clicking any of two lock buttons (the video preview works fine).

Is this a known problem? Shall I attempt to downgrade one of/both units - I suspect something went out of sync with the APIs that are used? Unfortunately I do not remember versions that I had before the update.

Many thanks for any hints!
Cheers,
Michal

PS: Remote door opening through ISAPI (posting <RemoteControlDoor><cmd>open</cmd></RemoteControlDoor> to /ISAPI/AccessControl/RemoteControl/door/1 or 2) still works...

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After upgrading you need to factory reset. Now it uses Protocol 2.0 therefore u will need to add indoorstation to device management list of door station aswell.

mlukaszek

n3wb
Reaction score
After upgrading you need to factory reset. Now it uses Protocol 2.0 therefore u will need to add indoorstation to device management list of door station aswell.
Thanks for the reply. Factory reset of which device? The doorbell did reset itself I think, as it went to the default 192.0.0.65 IP. Not sure about the indoor unit though?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Every upgraded device has to be factory resetted. If your doorstation resetted automaticly thats fine, you need to reset indoorstation aswell. By upgrading to Protocol 2.0 lock no.2 is disabled by default, you will neeed to re-enable it.

mlukaszek

n3wb
Reaction score
Every upgraded device has to be factory resetted. If your doorstation resetted automaticly thats fine, you need to reset indoorstation aswell. By upgrading to Protocol 2.0 lock no.2 is disabled by default, you will neeed to re-enable it.
Yep I reenabled the 2nd lock already. I'll try resetting the indoor unit too.

mlukaszek

n3wb
Reaction score
there is 2.1.60 fw for indoor unit just saying
Hm, you're right I need to try it. I have reset the unit to factory settings and paired with the doorbell, but that still did not resolve the problem (still can't operate the lock on the live view, if the call is not in progress).

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It might be the registration password that failed, its a security feature in protocol 2.0 so that random guy with your wifi password cant add doorstation on another monitor to open a door remotely.

mlukaszek

n3wb
Reaction score
It might be the registration password that failed, its a security feature in protocol 2.0 so that random guy with your wifi password cant add doorstation on another monitor to open a door remotely.
How do I ensure I have the right password? I just upgraded to 2.1.60 and it's doing the same.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is the initialization password. You need to write that password under Intercom->Session settings (Door Station)

mlukaszek

n3wb
Reaction score
It is the initialization password. You need to write that password under Intercom->Session settings (Door Station)
I must be doing something wrong. I entered Registration Password in Intercom->Session setting of the door station, entered the Main Station IP to match the indoor unit, reset the indoor unit to factory settings again, readded the door station (entering the password I chose for the door station), and unfortunately it behaves as it did.

There is "Enable Protocol 1.0" switch in the door station settings, and it's enabled - should it be?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No Main station is not indoorstation. You leave it as it is 0.0.0.0.

No you dont enable protocol 1.0 if both devices use 2.0

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Factory reset both:

-initialize both
-set them IP's (lets assume you will use 0.1 as gateway)
-Door station on 192.168.0.50
-Indoorstation on 192.168.0.51

IndoorStation settings
-Group network settings (Main) Door Station 192.168.0.50
-Registration password - Initializating password
-Save

Door Station settings
-Device management - Indoor should be there and marked as online. If not add it manually, if it doesnt come online after adding manualyl just reboot indoorstation.

mlukaszek

n3wb
Reaction score
Success! I did not fully restore factory settings, I kept IP and user settings but restored the rest (I think there was "Default" button or something).
After a few combinations of resetting and re-adding devices and playing with the Device management, as well as adding the door unit from the indoor unit, they finally got in sync back again.

Thanks a lot for all the tips!

mlukaszek

n3wb
Reaction score
One more thing... is there any cure for the fisheye video of the door unit, to make it more linear?