Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a setting on it,

Settings - advanced settings - enable booting android mode

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
Now it's booting into android mode only, how do I go back ? :oops:

I can see a indoor device icon on the android desktop, clicking is loading some app with a wallpaper but nothing on the screen. If i kill the app, it keeps loading it. I guess this is the Hikvision launcher but it isn't working for me. Guess I was able to break it in a day.

Edit: It is showing up on Sadp / ivms4200, did a factory restore, rebooted, still landing up on android screen with and not finding any way to go back.

Edit: I had put in a SD card and formated as system partition, it stopped working when I pulled it safetly. Re-inserted and the launcher started working, now re-formated it as external storage, then pulled it out, things are back.

Here is some guy who rooted it, but it's not my expertise, I wanted something plug & play.

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, when I booted in android mode, I just needed to restart again, and Hikvision launcher started again...

Isn't it possible to define Hikvision launcher again in settings?

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess there is no easy method. I just gave up on it, did a factory reset & repacked. :facepalm:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hehe :)
should pe possible tough, i did it before, but was about a year ago
i now use "EZ File Explorer" with that app , you can upload other apk files
also from that app, you can launch any other app on the device, like the app "system settings", to go directly to the android settings

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
btw, you can also enable developer access, and then enable remote debugging, with VNC you can remote control the device with the UI :)

vobele

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received my DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) and installed Home Assistant as 3rd party Android App to give it a try:

• Home Assistant as 3rd party Android app is running fine, but fairly slow (as already stated in this thread before).
  • Switching between Home Assistant and Hikvisions own App (called "IndoorDevice") works well and snappy (as long as both are up running in the background).
  • Setting up 24/7 screen always on is possible. Either by using the core android settings, which also affects the Hikvision app, or if a 3rd party app (like HA) supports blocking monitor-shut-off when it is active.
  • If a 3rd party Android app (like HA) is running in the foreground, after an incoming call, the system does NOT switch back to the 3rd party Android app. Very anoying!
  • You can use the monitor without Hikvisions own app (start in Android), if you don't need its own intercom functions.
  • Hik-Connect is an integrated part of Hikvisions own "IndoorDevice" App. You can use this part or not (Useful if you have an NVR, many cameras or an Alarm system from Hikvision).
  • The new Hikvision UI is awful. A lot of swiping on a not so responsive touchscreen just for accessing live-view (under Home), stored snapshots (under Favourites) and another app (under Android). The former bottom icon bar was ways better!!
  • While keeping the "Album" open to stay in a snapshots display view, there is no screen refresh after an incoming call. Also opening the "Album" takes a fairly long time and sometimes a message "no protocol" is displayed, before even the snapshots are getting loaded. Come on..!!
  • In the Hikvison App there is a screen saver build in which can't be turned off (unless you activate the screen alway on feature in the core android settings). It makes the lack of responsiveness even worse.
  • (not entirely Hikvisions fault) Home Assistant gets disconnected after screen shut off. And every re-connect takes (too) much time on such a slow device. The only way to overcome this would be to keep the monitor alway on (and stay within HA as 3rd party app).

My two cents: This "Android all in one intercom device" seems an interesting and promising approach, with much room for improvements (which will come with future firmware updates. Hopefully.)

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @vobele , I have the exact same feedback as you, I switched my A to B hoping it would be better, but still slow and indeed lots of swiping... HA is better to run, but still not usable... I have now setting a custom component in HA that creates mqtt entities from every entity in HA ... so they can imported into Openhab.. that one works smooth!! Gonna use for it basic stuff only like lights and stuff...

Try installing the APK on it, you can activate a demo server, so you can see how smooth it is...
It even runs on the A version, I have them both, the A I have upstairs as extension

Btw, since you are HA user, are you following my Hikvision add-ons?

Btw , do you have it POE connected? Do you also sometimes hear a annoying tone from the power chip?

vobele

n3wb
Reaction score
Btw, since you are HA user, are you following my Hikvision add-ons?
Oh yes indeed I am following your awesome Hikvision add-ons (so much that I've sponsored you a small donation with PayPal sometimes ago). I am doing a lot in HA, based on the Hikvision-Doorbell add-on. I even have disabled the push function in hik-connect most of the time and use Homeassistant push notifications with preview images instead. In HA I am storing the latest 10 snapshots which are renamed each when a new call is incoming, so that I always have my own gallery of snaps in my hands.
So far I hesitated to dive into your Baresip-Client add-on. I must admit that I have zero experience with SIP and Asterix, and I am really good in screwing things up ;). May be a short summary of the needed steps, or a graphical illustration with the big picture of the setup and communication-flows, could help me (and others with limited knowledge) in understanding how SIP works and give me/them a push..
Btw , do you have it POE connected? Do you also sometimes hear a annoying tone from the power chip?
Yes I do, and I am not hearing any tone - may be yours has a transistor hum due to quality variation, hmm..
Try installing the APK on it, you can activate a demo server, so you can see how smooth it is...
It even runs on the A version, I have them both, the A I have upstairs as extension
Well... I'm not quite sure what you mean here: Install another APK on the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B)? May be a sip based soft phone like Linhome? Activate which demo server?

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I now remeber, thnx again for feedback, yeah, the addon is growing, nice things to come... Today first steps in two way audio, I posted on HA forum in new thread...

Yeah, the noise, it's not always, sometimes 2 weeks no noise... But Hikvision is going to create a new custom firmware for me, so that it uses more Watt during sleep, that should solve the noise... It's extreme quit sometimes, but not every day...

I mean , install the openhab.apk files and test that one instead of HA...

Installing other softphone, don't go that road, believe me, they can't use sip, since no Google appstore on it...

Feel free to join the asterisk discordz then I can explain the baresip :)

lukasha

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, the noise, it's not always, sometimes 2 weeks no noise... But Hikvision is going to create a new custom firmware for me, so that it uses more Watt during sleep, that should solve the noise... It's extreme quit sometimes, but not every day...
I also have a problem with noise from the power supply - could you share your soft? Does it differ in more than energy consumption?

PS.
Firmware: V2.1.48_build220620
FIX:
Extends the limited third-party resource. (Memory 500M CPU 30% flush 1G)

If you increase the resources in the firmware to e.g. 1GB Memory and 50% CPU, then HA should work better, is it achievable?

lukasha

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah maybe, but we can't change firmware for higher CPU, hikvision need Todo it, alltough don't think it work, the intercom app itself also needs resources?

Anyway, it it this sound you hear too?

It comes and goes sometimes, not always, do you hear it always or also sometimes?

I have the new firmware, it's custom one 2.1.xw

I can share later, I have it on laptop, not I stalled yet, they increased the Watt in standby

lukasha

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah maybe, but we can't change firmware for higher CPU, hikvision need Todo it, alltough don't think it work, the intercom app itself also needs resources?
I know intercom needs resources, but maybe not that much. Maybe HikVision will improve it.

Anyway, it it this sound you hear too?

It comes and goes sometimes, not always, do you hear it always or also sometimes?
I hear similar sounds, sometimes, not always. Sometimes there is this noice, I go to another place in the menu and it disappears. Now I checked and I have the impression that the sound is coming from the speaker. I have two devices, both have noice.

lukasha

lukasha

n3wb
Reaction score
PS. I Have V2.1.74, but on hikvision.com/au-en/ a found firmware_V2.1.76_230204 - I don't want to flash firmware from another region. I was looking for a release note but couldn't find it.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ah, yeah, quite difficult to follow their release notes
i have this custom one: V2.1.76_build221129

full image : zip
firmware : zip

its a strange noise indeed, its not so loud as in movie, but indeed, if i tocuh the screen or reboot , its indeed gone for a while

lukasha

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the firmware.
I think this is a software problem, not a hardware one.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well keep me posted if if solves? quite interested, i didnt upgrade yet
Btw, are you also using my hikvision addon for HA?

lukasha

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed the add-on - Hikvision Doorbell (Beta) - thank you for your work.
I'm waiting for them to build me a fence so I can install the intercom. I will be using it for ringing detection.
But I was hoping that I would be able to check the gate opening states, unfortunately it does not show. Well I will do the status sensor on eshome.

lukasha

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ah, are you the one that created issue on github? we are now testing and playing with evens for door not open/closed ?
Door not open event should already work now?