DS7604 stuck on initial screen.....won't ping

tonyp72

n3wb
Reaction score
My DS7064NI-SE/P bought directly from AmazonUK has been faultless for about 18 months, then out of the blue a couple of days ago it just stopped transmitting a picture (just one DS-2CD2132F-IS attached).

No firmware update or any messing with it prompted this behaviour just simply one minute working fine, the next not!
It powers on, gives off a couple of beeps then just loads a Hikvision screen saying 'Embedded NVR' and that's it. I disconnected the hard drive to see if that was the problem but it just loads the same screen.

Ive tried pinging it...nothing, it doesnt show up on SADP and I can't see it on my iPhone using Fing, so I can't attempt a firmware update via tftp yet.
Any ideas anyone?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of beeps is presumably one more than usual, and may indicate a hardware problem.
If the -SE model behaves like the -E model, the probe for the tftp updater takes place when the NVR is using the IP address 192.0.0.64, so if that's on a different segment from the normal LAN you won't get a ping response.
To confirm that initial probe does take place, you'd need to set your PC IP address to the same range, for example 192.0.0.128 and use
ping -t 192.0.0.64
and power-cycle the NVR.
Normally you'd get 2 or 3 responses a second or so after power on.
If so, a firmware refresh via the tftp updater may be worth trying.
If that doesn't work, hooking up a serial TTL to USB convertor to the serial console would be the next trouble-shooting step if you are not inclined to bin it.

tonyp72

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I think it's always been 2 beeps from memory.
I've tried pinging 192.0.0.64 numerous times from my pc which was set to 192.0.0.128 and couldn't get any response.

Haven't heard of serial TTL to USB converter, might have to look into that. I'll also contact Amazon but I bet it was a 12 month warranty.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried pinging 192.0.0.64 numerous times from my pc which was set to 192.0.0.128 and couldn't get any response.
OK, so the tftp updater may be a no-go then.
The 'show logo' part of startup is fairly well down the road, it's starting to load up the app programs at that point.