DSC pc1832 partitioning

cj10

n3wb
Reaction score
Still trying to understand the capabilities of my DSC PC1832 system. Understand that my installer programmed my system to operate on partition 1. I understand my 2 keypads are on this partition. If I added new sensors and if I want them on another partition, can I arm and disarm them on my current keypad without reassigning one my keypads to a new partition and if so how do I do that?

Aloha

Burbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Typically you will need a keypad dedicated to a partition. It's almost like another alarm system. I am not totally up on the DSC panels but on GE you can make a keypad a "master" to choose which partitions to arm/disarm. Experience with end users would indicate a dedicated keypad is the way to go.

jing

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have X-amount of zones on a diff partition but want to only use one keypad, assuming the keypad was assigned correctly under section <000> in the installer programming, it is as simple as holding the # key for 2-3 seconds and hearing the trio of confirmation beeps, then pressing and holding the partition you wish to access, e.g. 2, and once again waiting for the confirmation beeps. This allows for access to all system partitions from any keypad.