Dual Sensor Camera To IPCT NVR

philcav7

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an IPCT-8064-8P (hikvision) NVR that I would like to connect a Uniview dual lens camera.
The camera has two channels (wide angle & PTZ) on a single IP.

Hikvision states that their nvr will not support 3rd party dual sensor cameras. Only hikvision. 3rd party camera will get channel 1 only.

is there a workaround for this? I’m looking for dual channel functionality to the nvr and basic PTZ controls through the HIK-Connect app.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the RTSP streams of those "two channels" discreetly available in a URL as below?

IOW, can rtsp:/NVR-IP:554/Streaming/channels/101 be streamed to one instance of VLC and rtsp:/NVR-IP:554/Streaming/channels/201 be streamed to another instance of VLC?

NOTE: be sure to place 2 "/" after "rtsp:", as forum software won't display 2 consecutively.

philcav7

n3wb
Reaction score
Are the RTSP streams of those "two channels" discreetly available in a URL as below?

IOW, can rtsp:/NVR-IP:554/Streaming/channels/101 be streamed to one instance of VLC and rtsp:/NVR-IP:554/Streaming/channels/201 be streamed to another instance of VLC?

NOTE: be sure to place 2 "/" after "rtsp:", as forum software won't display 2 consecutively.
I have heard of others using this cam via RTSP, but I was really hoping to have ptz control through the app.

channel 1 is the wide angle and is picked up through ONVIF, the ptz cam lies in channel 2.

I haven’t looked, but I don’t think I can reassign the channels on the camera….if I can, it might be a solution